Why would you choose to eat raw?

Sunday, July 25, 2010

First Shot

So the first day of my new life style diet has been a bit of a mixed bag. I started the day with a banana shake which included some raw wheat germ, Agave nectar cocoa and frozen strawberries. I then went to visit my sister who it turns out, still had a food dehydrator that she had purchased and barely used 10-15 years ago so that set me off in the right direction.
I did a little shopping and purchased a bunch of fresh fruit and vegetables. I was out driving about too long and got hungry so I grabbed a quick Simply Fruit Cider which after drinking I realized was pasteurized so I made my first goof. I also purchased two spring rolls which were completely vegetarian wrapped with tapioca paper, so I'm not sure it that really fit the bill. I'll be making some raw spaghetti and that should be the end of my day.

Now I won't list daily what I eat but thought it was relevant today. All in all I feel good but I know that one day is a poor judge of it. So I'm gonna finish up here and go play with the dehydrator.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Marek, for taking an assertive approach and trying to develop healthy habits. I have the impression that eating raw is kind of time consuming, but can be done in a healthy way. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do - and seeing what I might find do-able for my life!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa!
    How are you doing? I'm so excited by this change. It's taking a lot of work and a real commitment but I'm happy to be trying this!

    ReplyDelete