Why would you choose to eat raw?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Raw's More Wonderful, The Second Time Around


Well I'm working on my second, non-consecutive week. I took Saturday and Sunday off and I must be honest, I ate too many things that I hadn't had in the previous five days. It wasn't a complete 360 but I didn't love my eating response. Part of what I'm disappointed in is that I said that I would eat half raw and half cooked, well i only ate cooked. I think I threw in a juice on Sunday to assuage my guilt, but for all intensive purposes, I ate cooked. This weekend will be the last weekend for a month, when I plan to eat cooked and that will only be one day, Saturday. I'm going to the Fair and I don't imagine that there will be much to sustain me on a raw diet. In all truth, It's hard enough to eat vegetarian there let alone raw!

Today and yesterday have gone well. I've been packing uncooked oats for breakfast and a hearty salad for lunch. Those usually tide me over till I get home and have a snack.

I've made another batch of Sunburgers and I'm really enjoying them. I def though need to find other dinner meals. Breakfast and lunch have been easy. Dinner has been a little tougher. I ordered a few more raw food books. One that was suggested by my friend Nancy; Raw: The Uncookbook by Juliano Brotman and two others; Raw foods for Busy People by Jordan Maerin, and Ani's Raw Food Kitchen by Ani Phyo. I'll let you know what I think of them when I get them and try some recipes out!

My Weight still says I've officially lost about 12 lbs. I'm hoping to drop a few more this week. Really good news on the Blood Sugar front, today my blood sugar was 106. That's as close to normal as I've ever been since I started testing myself. If this continues I can start to investigate decreasing my insulin!

Well tomorrow will already be hump day and it doesn't even feel like it is! It's definitely getting easier. Wanna join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment